Saturday, March 12, 2016

Everlasting Rock


Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock. – Isaiah 26:4

Last week I was in Washington D.C. working on a project at the Smithsonian Museums.  I had reserved Wednesday to go to Aberdeen Proving Grounds to sit and listen to presentations on aspects of a tactical microgrid from consortium members of which, my company is a member.  However, as I reviewed the Agenda on Tuesday night, I realize that there is an hour set aside for a portion that I was involved.  I immediately called the head of this work effort and asked if I was expected to present.  He called the consortium leader who confirmed yes. 

There it is, Tuesday night and by Wednesday I have to have a presentation put together and then give a presentation intended to last an hour to a group of about 30 people who are experts in their field.  Also, it takes about two hours with traffic to get to Aberdeen so my time is ticking and its ticking fast.  It’s going to be a long night and a long day.

So, what to do?  You guessed it.  Start praying and call Julie and ask her to pray for me.  Got the presentation materials put together.  Made the drive safely and on time.  Gave the presentation and filled the hour with no direct opposition to our methods or conclusions, even though they directly contradicted some of what the experts were doing.

Only God.  Only God delivers us from certain adversaries.  Only God delivers us from our own internal uncertainties and failures.  Only God delivers us to do the impossible. 

No comments: