Wednesday, March 2, 2016

31 Years

Eph 5:25  Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

I've been told I have very low self-awareness by people who are trained in the science of psychobabble.  They're probably correct because I still picture myself as a young, connected, and in shape, yet strenuous physical activity is becoming more and more difficult (Ok, the impossibility of paddle boarding in the surf at Waikiki humbled me greatly!) and recovery is measured in days to weeks.  So it is with great surprise that I awake today and am confronted with my thirty first anniversary.  THIRTY ONE years.  How did I suddenly get so old.  More importantly who is it that puts up with me for so long and how does she do it?
Clearly God has anointed and blessed our marriage.  Without Him, I'm sure I would have screwed this up years ago.  I'm only just beginning to learn how to agape and yet Reja has endured.  What a Saint!
I'm clearly convinced that God created Reja just as uniquely for me as He created Eve for Adam.  What He joined, He sufficiently graced so that today we enjoy the fruit of what He has done way beyond our own deservedness.  I'm thankful that when God knit me together, he already had Reja in mind.  I don't look upon today with pride as I am still not the husband Reja deserves, but I do look upon today with deep appreciation and admiration at what He created in her and what He has done to see us to today.  Happy 31st Reja!  I love you!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I saw this on FB, but would rather comment here. Congratulations. 31 years is an accomplishment. Truly, such a companionship is the result of Godly characteristics, expressly love, which is God Himself. You guys are certainly an expression of the blessings of God upon those who strive to keep Him first and follow Him.