Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Our Path is Lit


7 For you are my hiding place;
    you protect me from trouble.
    You surround me with songs of victory.

This morning I found myself just wanting to sit and settle into peace.  Dealing with family conflict is so up-and-down.  Even when it has been quiet, it is still unsettled.  You find yourself just wanting to build a wall, draw a line in the sand, something, so it can be contained and dealt with appropriately.  The moving insincerity and gamesmanship is hard to understand and you find that all you want to do is move forward in an authentic relationship that is honest and real or to get out of the relationship forever.  There are times you just can’t put it anywhere else.

8 The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
    I will advise you and watch over you.
9 Do not be like a senseless horse or mule
    that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control.

Today’s devotions were on not looking into the future, but letting God’s light for today light our path for today.  I am to do what He has for me today and if I get to a decision point or a crisis He will guide me at that time in the way I am to go.  Applying that to the family, I am not to worry about what might happen tomorrow, next week, or even next year.  God has got that.  I am to do what I know today and to live today in a way worthy of someone following Him.  How would Jesus live today in my person if I were not restricting His Spirit?  That is my question. 

While I know this, applying it to daily life is difficult.  People cannot just be written off.  We don’t just erase them from our thoughts.  At least, a person following Christ doesn’t.  Therefore, the lesson is … faith.  Just know that I have enough for today, He has my path and direction for tomorrow.

10 Many sorrows come to the wicked,
    but unfailing love surrounds those who trust the Lord.
11 So rejoice in the Lord and be glad, all you who obey him!
    Shout for joy, all you whose hearts are pure! – Psalm 32:7-11

Unfailing love.  It surrounds me.  May I trust in Him and have confidence in my knowledge that He has it under control.  He will advise me and guide mes where I need to go.  He is protecting me.  May I follow Him today in obedience to His Word.

No comments: