Saturday, October 24, 2015

Quiet Moments


I sit there quietly.  The presence of a new day, a new dawn around me.  My heart is open as the pressures of my work responsibilities conflict my immediate family ones, my thoughts reflect lost family, destroyed relationships, and I consider my inadequacy to be the father my kids need or the husband my wife deserves.

I start a slow drive to work this Saturday morning.  It’s nice out so I let the windows down and turn the A/C off.  As I pull up to the office, Holy Spirit by Francesca Battistelli starts playing on the radio. 

“There’s nothing worth more
That could ever come close
Nothing can compare
You’re our living hope”

My spirit breaks.  Tears well up in my eyes.  Pain flows down my cheeks.  Goose bumps rise across my back and over my body.  God is here, in my heart, comforting me. 

“Holy Spirit, You are welcome here
Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere
Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for
To be overcome by Your presence, Lord”

I am conflicted between being overcome with thankfulness that He is here, for this very moment, and my unworthiness to be deserving of even a passing glance or thought from Him.  Why commit me to Your graces?  I am someone who has never fulfilled the potential You created in me.  I am a fragile egg, capable of being cracked apart at the smallest drop.  Why me O Lord?  Don’t waste Your grace.  Find a more worthy vessel!

“I’ve tasted and seen
Of the sweetest of loves
Where my heart becomes free
And my shame is undone”

I am immediately so thankful for God’s love upon me.  There are so many blessings in my life.  God wraps a cover of warmth over my soul.

My thoughts move to those who will never have a moment like this.  Where is their comfort?  Will they ever find rest?  Lord, help them to find You!  Lord have mercy on them and give them another chance to choose You, even today.

No comments: