Tuesday, June 2, 2015

He Fights for Us!

Plead my cause, O Lord, with those who strive with me;
  Fight against those who fight against me.
Take hold of shield and buckler,
  And stand up for my help.
Also draw out the spear,
  And stop those who pursue me.
  Say to my soul,
  “I am your salvation.”
– Psalm 35:1-3

As we get ready to leave for Haiti, it is becoming apparent that our accuser, ‘ol smutty face himself, does not want us to go fully charged.  Anywhere he can cause distraction to our thoughts and minds he is trying desperately to do so.  Today, I claim these verses as ours.  I pray for God to fight against those who fight against us.  I pray that God will stand over us with His weapons and His power against all who pursue us.  I pray that He will whisper reassurance to the foundation of my soul so that I know my salvation is in Him and Him alone.

Praise God in Whom we can trust and in Whom we put all our trust!  Deliver us our Savior!

No comments: