Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Should I Only Imagine?

This morning as I was driving back home after dropping off the kids at school the song "I Can Only Imagine" came on the radio.  As I was getting lost into the essence of the mental image that song presents and tears started welling up in my eyes, I wondered why I don't feel that way every morning, every day.  Seems like I should.

Every day should be a moment where I acknowledge that I am in the presence, no, I have the presence of God with my spirit.  How do I reconcile that?  How often do I dance in celebration that God has embraced me?  How often am I unable to speak in His presence with in me?  Is this something I should have to "imagine" at all?  The reality is just a little outside of my reach.

Now, I know there will be a difference between heaven and here, but still, I think I take it too lightly almost all the time.

Then my mind wandered into how much this song has to mean to Russ.  I remember it being played at his Dad's funeral and I remember Ryan bursting into tears upon hearing it at a theme park.

It's so awesome to have such emotionally charging moments.  I think God lives in these moments.

No comments: