Friday, June 27, 2014

Perspective

Matthew 16:25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. NIV

Giving it to God is a difficult thing to do.  Here is this issue before me and all my worldly training says attack it, analyze it, make a plan for it, work the plan, and expect God to bless the plan.  None of this is scriptural.  God says to seek Him first and everything else will be given to us.  I'm not advocating ignoring issues or shirking responsibility, but sometimes we need to quit trying to solve insolvable problems with our own knowledge, skills, and wisdom.  Often I find I simply stir the pot and make matters worse.  I'm stuck in such a situation now at work.  We have a couple of people actively trying to subvert progress and undermine the people making it.  Its tempting to try to expose these people, but any attempt to do so is to act on second or third hand information reducing me to their level.  I simply lack the wisdom to deal with this effectively. 
I'm praying that God will modify this situation through or in spite of me such that all involved can simply get back to productive work.  It's difficult, however, to not get absorbed in scheming, planning, and plotting against these people.  We've found it impossible not to dwell on the issues, which has robbed us of quality time and useful productivity.  Clearly we've not adequately given this issue to God.  To truly give this to God is tough.  God says not to worry, but the constant conversation indicates we are in fact worrying - a lot!  It's time to focus on what God has called us to do and when this issue becomes unavoidable, drop to our knees and spend our time in prayer vice worry. 

1 comment:

Chris said...

Certainly you are aware that it is just the Opposer attacking you for that great week of ministry you had last week. If he can make you have a terrible "treat" after a good act then (like a trained dog) you'll quit doing good acts! The disciples counted their mistreatment by the Pharisees with praise that they were considered worthy to suffer for their Savior. I charge you to do the same. Let God be your strength.