Monday, June 23, 2014

Blessed


Philippians 1: I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

I just returned from this year's High School Mission Trip to Henderson Settlement in Frakes, KY.  What in incredible blessing it turned out to be for me and those who were blessed to attend.  The youth were great, the family we served blessed us more than we were able to bless them, and God answered numerous prayers.  For me, the highlights were the respect our youth showed me and the family we served, the testimony of the family (although I missed our poignant Friday session), and participating in praise and worship led by Ryan.  There is truly no greater sense of contentment for a father than to see his son mature into a young man gripped by the love of God and devoted to His service.  For me, I clearly saw God answer prayer in very real and practical ways that confirmed that He cares about the details of our lives (Matt 6) and my faith was increased. 
I pray that those youth whose lives were touched this week will continue their walk into the fullness of a deep and abiding relationship with God.  Failure to capitalize on this experience would be such a waste.  I look forward to their response to His clear demonstration of love.

No comments: