Friday, June 20, 2014

Answered Prayers

Nothing seems to strengthen my faith more than answered prayer.  I have to say this week has became a week of answered prayer. 

John 15:7 - "If you abide in Me, and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done unto you."

First, we've been praying that God would protect our home.  In that, we had been feeling like there was something not right with our nephew, but we didn't know what.  It was something inside that was speaking to both of us, but how can you make a move on a feeling?  (I'm not sure, but I am sure that both of us are closer to doing it as we have had several issues lately where that internal feeling was right.)  Unfortunately, to our great disappointment, something was wrong and it became exposed.  I have to believe that God was protecting our home and him as we had been praying for him also.  I do wish we had more significant influence on settling the matter though.

James 1:6 - "But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering."

Next, we have also been praying for some time that God would help us with our vacation plans.  Julie had an idea about what she was being led for us to do (6-day rafting trip in Grand Canyon), but I just couldn't settle on it.  I'm always up for adventure, but the costs are pretty substantial.  I was about to do it anyway and was conversing with the company when they offered the trip we wanted for half-price.  It was too incredible to comprehend.  I have to believe that God provided that extra incentive.  Now the vacation plans are set.

John 16:24b - "... ask, and you shall receive, that your joy may be full."

Then, Jack was having a little hard time with the top of his ankle, since he has been running a lot having started football conditioning this week.  We prayed that God would heal his ankle and help him to tough it out for his last day this week so it could then heal during the three days off.  When Jack got home he said his ankle hurt at first but then basically stopped hurting while he was at conditioning!  (The same time that we were praying.)  I noticed that he was not limping when he was home whereas he was the day before.  How does your foot heal while exercising?  I have to believe it's an answered prayer.

Matthew 7:7 - "Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and you shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you."

And to top it off, as I pull into work I look over to my left and see Mike doing some physical training.  Yes, his hair is still fallen out and he is pale.  Yes, he still looks weak.  But there he was, after cancer removal and four rounds of chemotherapy having enough energy to begin trying to live again.  We have been praying diligently for Mike for over four months for healing and comfort in the treatments.  What a joy it was to see him out there.

Matthew 6:6 - "But you, when you pray, enter into your closet, and when you have shut your door, pray to the Father which is in secret; and your Father which sees in secret shall reward you openly."

God is just too good to us.  When I sit and contemplate it I can hardly contain myself.  How He can still care and love me is really difficult to comprehend, but yet I know it to be true and real.  Praise God today for His many answered prayers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome testimony