Thursday, November 13, 2014

Year One

This morning I woke up very down.  The weight of all the pain and sorrow I have caused in my past had me burdened.  The weight of MY imperfection, MY weakness, MY refusal to listen to God, MY stubbornness, MY selfishness, MY justifications, MY actions.  While I know I'm a sinner, staring it in the eye and seeing the devastation on others is crushing; knowing that others have had to live with pain and scars because of you is damning.

When we prayed together this morning, which is the sweetest part of every day, tears welled up in my eyes.  In fact, as I type this tears are coming.

Yet Julie smiles and says, the day is a day of celebration.  And she is right.  We are a part of God's work.  God has worked in us and we are different.  Everything is better.  Every aspect of life is more alive, every day is more precious, every moment more meaningful, every minute is a minute you want to hold on to and keep.

When I wake up I thank God that I'm there, at home, with Julie.  When I see her I praise God that she smiles.  When I touch her I praise God that I can.  When I hug my kids I praise God that I'm there to do that.

Everything in life is a blessing.

No comments: