Thursday, November 13, 2014

Psalms 63 (Part III)

Because Your love is better than life,
    my lips will glorify You.
I will praise You as long as I live,
    and in Your name I will lift up my hands.
I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
    with singing lips my mouth will praise You.

God's love is better than life.  How many of us really can comprehend that statement?  The fullness of God's love, it's completion of us, our faith that it never fails, our faith that it always is what's best for us, is better than our actual physical life.  Our physical life is what seems the most real thing we know.  "Prick me and do I not bleed?"  Yet, our real life is our spiritual life knowing all physical things will pass.  Yet, God's love will not.  His eternal love is perfect and better than what seems most real. 

This is a very hard concept, however, I'm going to take it a little further.  We can live in this world, but not be a part of this world.  We can live in our physical bodies, but our heart can be in heaven, that is, with the Spirit of God.  The Bible describes living apart from God as being "of this world".  In John 8:23-24 Jesus says, "You are from beneath; I am from above.  You are of this world; I am not of this world.  Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."  In order to not be "of this world" we have to receive Him who is not of this world.  When we do, we can then live out of this world.  It's hard to imagine how it all fits together, but I know it is real and that love of God that allows that to happen is better than the life that is "of this world".

Because of this we glorify Him, we praise Him all night long.  We lift our hands up in honor of His name on High.  We are more satisfied with Him than with any physical sense we can imagine and we will sing and worship Him because He is our God and He loves us.

No comments: