Friday, July 25, 2014

God Answers Prayer

2 Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

From my perspective, we're in an unprecedented time as a nation of proactively turning away from God, His will, and His ways.  I know many people who have urgent needs for healing, one such person is a sweet lady from our church who begins cancer treatment today.  I pray that God will heal her physically and comfort her emotionally.  I know she stands on the bedrock of a firm foundation in Christ.  There is another "cancer" of apathy in today's church regarding the things of God.  As Rick Warren puts it, we seem to have bought into at least two great lies of Satan: “Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate.” These lies keep the church on the sidelines of a great moral battle waging war on the family in America today. 
While God has afforded me the great privilege of working with youth in our church and through Chrysalis wherein I see great promise of youth and young adults who are proactively seeking God, so many are blind to the blending that has occurred between the things of God and the ways of the world.  So many have bought into these two lies by Satan and are quite defensive when confronted.  There is even a name for this phenomena: Secular Humanism (which may be new to me, but dates back to the 1930's apparently). 
The great promise of scripture is that it is never too late to humble ourselves, pray, seek God's face, and allow God to help us turn from our wicked ways.  I serve a mighty and powerful God who in spite of the daunting moral decay of our time, is sufficient to heal our land.  Will you join me in praying for healing for ourselves and our land?

No comments: