Monday, January 2, 2017

Am I or I AM?


God said to Moses, “I AM who I AM”.  - Exodus 3:14

Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was, I AM! – John 8:58

“This is the secret to life.  To not only live for Him, but to live your life from Him, to live from His living, to move from His moving, to act from His actions, to feel from His heart, to be from His being, and to become who you are from who He is … I am.” – Jonathan Cahn, The Book of Mysteries

This statement from Mr. Cahn seems to marry up with the thinking expressed in the Experiencing God series by Henry and now Richard Blackaby.  We don’t decide what we’re going to do for God, but rather we see where God is working and join Him in His work.

Both concentrate on the single truth of reality that God is and will ever be.  He was first and is the only.  “In the beginning, God …” the first four words of the Bible read.  Is He my first and my only?  Before I move, act, feel, be, or live today, am I doing it or is He? 

The question is, is it “am I” today or is it “I AM”.  Who is going to be first in my life?

No comments: