Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Worry


In was an unusual place for me.  It was gloomy, dark, rainy.  Everything was being pelted upon steadily.  "It's raining again, oh no, my love's at an end" sings through the radio by Supertramp.  ...  But it wasn’t just an unrelenting rain.  It was life.  Unknowingly, the steady beating had broken through the roof and the inside was not safe and dry as it should be.

The pressures of work, family, future, health, responsibility, … just everything.  Worry.  It was worry.  Worry had beat its way through.  I was exasperated.  It seemed that every step was too important to take because it might lead to the wrong outcome.  Worry leads to fear.  Fear leads to death.

Once I finally saw it, so many things came to my observation that I had missed.  Four times this verse had come before me, “in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God (Phil 4:6)”.  A song I’ve never hear before came through the radio twice.  It was “Fear is a Liar” by Zach Williams.  In addition, God lead me to teach the series called Circle Maker which is a study about praying.  I didn’t even know I had the DVD series and just stumbled across it looking for a Windows CD.  I had a weird message that came up on my computer and I was trying to find the Key Code.  There are four computers exactly like mine in the office and none of the others had this message.  No virus can be found.  Strange.  Yet it led me to that DVD series on prayer.

The odd thing about the verse is it came to me just like I wrote it above, incomplete.  As I look back I can see that maybe God was wanting me to read the whole verse in context. “6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:6-7)”

In other words, DO NOT WORRY.  God knew of the attack and was sending message after message after message.  If only God had a better clay to mold with.  I am the dumbest sheep and would surely perish without His protecting hand.

Fortunately, God never stops.  Today the verse on the daily verse is: “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. (Rom 8:28)” 

We are not to be consumed by the world, but by the fire of the reality that God is.