Monday, August 20, 2018

All Time Living

I’ve always believed that time is irrelevant to God.  He is in all time.  Right now, He is with David as he fights Goliath, He is with the Hebrew children as they are thrown into the fire, He is meeting Paul on the road to Damascus, He is giving His life on the cross, and He is walking with you and me.  Why should time matter to God? 
For those who can’t just believe such a thing in faith, mathematical physics has proven that it is possible to be in a single position in the universe and see all time.  I could try to fully understand that, but it is so much easier to live in faith.
Jesus said, “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.” (Jn 14:1-4)
If the future is already happening, since God is in all time, then Jesus is preparing a place for you now, it is ready.  If we simplify this concept to daily life, then whatever problem you have today, in your life that you’ve asked God to be involved in, He already is.  I can’t tell you the response or answer will be what you want, but I can assuredly tell you that He is there. 
This is important as it is something that I see most Christians not living in, and it is something I struggle to live into as well.  If God is in the tomorrow, what am I worried about today?  I struggle too often to grasp the confidence to know God already has something in mind, His will is going to happen.  My only hope is to be in it somehow, but even if I am not, His will is going to happen. 
Too often I believe that I am like Moses as he came down from Mount Sinai (its my imagination so let me dream big).  I know I’ve had my own sins, but sometimes the lack of pursuit of anything spiritual by people calling themselves to be Christ-followers makes me want to break something.  But, it wasn’t Moses role to break those tablets and it s not mine to fall into rage.
7 For the culmination of all things is near. So be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of prayer. Above all keep your love for one another fervent, because love covers a multitude of sins. 9 Show hospitality to one another without complaining. 10 Just as each one has received a gift, use it to serve one another as good stewards of the varied grace of God. 11 Whoever speaks, let it be with God’s words. Whoever serves, do so with the strength that God supplies, so that in everything God will be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen. – 1 Peter 4:7-11
The great hymn proclaims, “O victory in Jesus, My Savior, forever!”  Can I walk in victory today?  Jesus is and His Spirit is within me so I can walk in victory today no matter what happens. 
Can I walk in confidence, regardless of what people do, even Christians, in the midst of the heart-wrenching displays of worldly decision making?  I can because the Lord lives today and His will shall be done.
Can I love those people knowing that Christ does even now, just as He did yesterday and tomorrow?  I can because Christ lives within me.  I can choose not to overcome His Spirit in my heart. 
Live today knowing heaven is prepared, the battle is won and the living Lord is walking with you.

No comments: