Thursday, July 21, 2016

He's Got This


Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. – Ephesians 3:20-21

And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. – 2 Corinthians 9:8

We’ve been working in Hawaii on a metering project.  It’s been the typical getting the train going process complete with all the lurching forward then jerking back and everything groaning as the train begins moving forward slowly at first then slowly increasing speed.  Unfortunately the project work statement has been the worst we’ve ever encountered in the 6 or 7 years of doing metering.  This alone has cost time as several members of the team has had to sit and work through it for several days to bring it to a point where it resembles something useful.  But, things are starting to appear to picking up speed and be moving forward.  Hopefully it will stay on the tracks.

It is so tempting to worry and want to wring my hands and pull my hair out and allow my stress to rise over how/when/what/who/where this will get accomplished.  In fact, one of my employees, here for the first time, is so tight and worried that he is constantly grumbling and stressed over his to-do efforts.  He is completely unable to take a breath and look around and appreciate the beauty of God’s creation all around him at any time, even in the evenings when we are not surveying.  It’s a shame really.  Even though I’ve tried to coach him and lead him to it, he isn’t willing to … yet (hopefully).

God assures me that He can do more than I ask or even think.  So, if I ask God to bless my work, or even our (the team’s) work, only a lack of faith would lead me to believe He will not have His hand in it and on me or us.  He will bless it and I will give Him praise for it.  Not only will He bless it, but He will bless it abundantly.  God loves us and just as I want to bless my children in whatever way I can as they work to accomplish things in my imperfect and sinful manner, God who is perfect will bless us so much more.

He’s got this and He don’t need me stressing and worrying about how.  He just needs me to believe in Him and that He is for me and will not forsake me.  He needs me to have faith; to breathe in a deep breath; to look around at His creation and see Him in it; and allow His Spirit within me to spread to those who just can’t get beyond the world or themselves.

I pray that God would put His hand upon us and protect us, guide us as we work, to change the minds of those who would seek not to help or to obstruct, and to break open all the ways before us so that we might do good work and be able to give praise to Him for how He led us in it.

No comments: